The Barcelona Association of Tourist Apartments (Apartur) is an association that represents this sector in the province of Barcelona. The Association was founded on 15 November 2004 with the aim of structuring the sector around certain common objectives, giving every company a voice and a vote, and acting as an intermediary with administrations and other public and private institutions. At the same time, the objective of Apartur is not only to uphold the interests of the sector but also to offer a range of services to its members.
Apartur is a young and dynamic association that currently encompasses more than 260 companies and professionals, offering the largest range of official tourist apartments in the province of Barcelona. Since its constitution, Apartur has offered every company and professional in the sector the opportunity to join the association on an equal footing.
The Association is made up of tourist apartment rental agencies and apartment owners who strive on a daily basis to offer the best possible services to their customers, at all times observing the criteria of quality and respect for the environment in which their activity takes place
Objectives Renting apartments by the day or by the week is a very well established activity in all the main tourist destinations around the world, and Barcelona is no exception. The demand for tourist apartments has grown tremendously in the last few years and so, as a result, has the range on offer.
Apartur aims to consolidate this activity by improving the quality of tourist apartment services and ensuring their integration and coordination with the rest of the tourist sector and public authorities.
In short, all these objectives can be summed up in the following aspects:
- Protecting and upholding the interests of members.
- Uniting the sector and fighting against intrusiveness.
- Implementing quality systems in the sector?s companies and professionals as well as in the tourist apartments themselves.
- Coordinating and cooperating with public administrations.
- Representing the members in the main organisations at county, provincial, national and state level (Generalitat, town councils, county councils, Chamber of Commerce, Board of Tourism, Turisme de Catalunya, Department of Tourism, etc.)
- The creation of synergies between members and the provision of common services.
- The promotion of our members: inclusion on the website; production and distribution of catalogues; and attendance at national and international trade fairs and official promotional bodies, such as Spanish tourist offices, tourist promotion centres of Catalonia in outgoing markets, and municipal tourist offices.